FREELANCE WEBSITE EDITOR/WRITER - ATP TOUR, INC. (Ponte Vedra Beach, Fl)
ATP is seeking a freelance writer/editor based in the Eastern Time Zone to contribute to its English Digital Media channels for up to 40 hours a week on a contract basis. You must be able to work independently but also cohesively within our team of editors. You will be expected to work most weekends throughout the year and also at nights during certain periods of the season. You may be required to occasionally travel to tournaments to gather written and video content, but the majority of your work will be done from your home office.
You will be expected to provide your own PC and required software.
- Write accurate, compelling and timely match reports, features and general news stories for ATP World Tour.com. Make other content posts including player and tournament updates, photo galleries, video galleries, charity content and more;
- Consistently generate fresh content ideas and contribute to our overall digital media strategy;
- Make updates and posts to social media channels including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Google+ and more and to the ATP Challenger Tour website;
- Proof read stories written by other ATP Digital Media editors;
- Work to increase traffic referrals to ATPWorldTour.com and to syndicate our content to third-party digital media channels;
- Provide daily quality assurance checks of ATP digital assets and work with IT staff to document and troubleshoot technical problems;
- Produce, proofread and send ATP email assets, including media releases, the Weekly and Insider newsletters and daily results;
- Generate digital content for ATP partners including Corona, FedEx, Emirates, Moet & Chandon and Tecnifibre.
- Excellent English writing skills. Second language preferred;
- Exceptional tennis knowledge, both past and present;
- Prior experience working on websites and social media channels within the tennis industry;
- High attention to detail;
- Ability to work independently, at nights and weekends, and to exercise sound editorial judgement;
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with colleagues in different time zones around the globe;
- Ability to multitask, work under pressure and meet strict deadlines;
- Experience working with content management systems;
- Experience working with Photoshop, Lightroom, Premiere and HTML.
Communications: Media/Public Relations Servicing
Seasonal, MEDIA US OPEN - Team US OPEN (Flushing, NY)
If you have a specific interest please include title in the text box
Assist the USTA in the Media Center at 2015 US Open (Positions all located in Queens, NY)
- Assist Senior Manager, Corporate Communications with processing Media Credentials for the US Open and US Open Media Operations.
- Assist with printing credentials in advance of US Open
- Assist with onsite distribution of Media and TV Credentials and related materials
- Assist with ongoing media credential requests
Dates: Monday, August 3 through Sunday, September 13
Hours: Monday, August 3 through Friday, August 21 – 10:00am to 4:00p
Monday, August 24 through Monday, September 13 – 7:30am to 8:00pm
- Strong computer skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, Online Credential Systems)
- Ability to thrive in hectic fast-paced, and fluid environment
- Team Player
- Must be available to work every day of assignment (including weekends and Labor Day)
- Responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Media Services Desk in the US Open Media Center under the direction of the USTA Corporate Communications staff.
- Distribute and log parking passes to approved media
- Assign lockers and assist with media workstations
- Responsible for distribution of items to the media
- Ensure that beverages are stocked.
- Assist media with general information
Dates: Monday, August 24 through Sunday, September 13
Hours: 8:30am to 8:30pm
Tournament & Player Information
- Assist at the Tournament Information Desk or Player Information Desk
- Print, copy and distribute Information relevant to the tournament to assist credentialed media.
- Assist credentialed media with general inquiries that relate to the tournament
- Assist with copying and assembling daily broadcast packets
- Assist with distribution of media match seats
- Assist in maintaining daily records
Dates: Monday, August 31 through Sunday, September 13
Hours: Day Shift: 10:00am until 6:00pm; Evening Shift: 6:00pm until 1 hour after last match
Media Seat Marshall
- Oversee media seating in assigned stadiums/sections under the direction of USTA Corporate Communications Staff.
- Ensure that only properly credentialed media are utilizing seats
- Answer general inquiries from media
- Serve as liaison between the media and USTA Corporate Communications Staff.
Dates: Arthur Ashe Stadium: Monday, August 31 through Sunday, September 13;
Louis Armstrong Stadium: Monday, August 31 through Thursday, September 10
Hours: Day Shift: 10:45am to end of day session; Evening Shift: 6:45pm to end of evening session
Must be available to work every day of assignment (including weekends and Labor Day)
Content/Technical Producer - USTA National Headquarters (White Plains, NY)
Coordinates, edits, publishes and – when necessary - generates content for all USTA web sites, with primary focus on the national site. Duties include but not limited to:
- Manages production of content for specific areas of the USTA.com Online Network
- Serve as an editor of national home page (to ensure timely content always is posted), and taking the lead editor role as needed in late afternoons, early evenings and weekends, with tasks including editing stories/headlines and publishing stories and photos.
- Assist in planning efforts for USOpen.org and handle writing/editing duties during the tournament.
- Provide high level of support to Community Tennis and other departments within the USTA – the Foundation, juniors, circuits, diversity, etc. - on online editorial initiatives. Support to include strategic planning, implementation and day-to-day coordination.
- Write feature and news articles, which could include conducting interviews (either via phone or in-person) and/or traveling to special events as needed.
- Assist sections/districts/CTAs in local content production wherever possible.
- Oversee content and production of chat sessions, message boards, games and other interactive applications.
- Oversee production of special event content, such as Fed Cup or Davis Cup; this could include travelling to and reporting from Fed Cup and/or Davis Cup ties
- 2-3 years of experience in interactive editorial environment. Tennis website preferred but not mandatory.
- Strong writing and editing skills, editorial judgment, creativity.
- Bi-lingual editing/writing skills preferred but not mandatory
- Strong computer skills, proficient in MS Office and Adobe Photoshop
- Working knowledge of web technologies preferred.
- Excellent project management skills, well-organized.
- Minimum: Bachelor’s Degree in related field, liberal arts preferred.
- Knowledge of web trends
- Creative thinker
- Thrives in a team atmosphere