Current available jobs in Communications:
The Player Communication Coordinator functions as a member of the Player Relations Department reporting to the Chief Player Officer with day to day direction from the Director, Treasury and Alumni Relations. This position is responsible for a quality production of the Player’s Weekly newsletter and editorial maintenance of the Player Zone (players’ intranet). This position also works in a joint-effort with other ATP staff in the preparation of material to be used at various player meetings. Furthermore, this position will assist with data entry, database queries, research and other projects as needed. This position is based in Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida and requires weekend work.
· Manage the structure, content, and design of Players’ Weekly (PW).
· Responsible for editorial maintenance of PlayerZone (PZ).
· Effectively coordinate with the Player Relations staff, and other ATP staff the week-to week content assignments as related to PW and PZ ensuring consistency of information across all vehicles.
· Work closely with ATP staff to properly maintain, enhance and ensure overall quality of PW and PZ.
· Edit all written elements for PW/PZ and compose stories when required.
· Produce and edit electronic communication as needed by the department.
· Assist in production of documents used in player meetings and internal presentations.
· Create new communication channels that can be used by Player Relations and other ATP departments to communicate with players more effectively.
· Support administrative and other duties as required by management of the ATP.
Required Skills and Attributes:
Key Performance Measures:
· Quality production and maintenance of Players’ Weekly and PlayerZone
· Accuracy and effectiveness in all internal and external player communication vehicles
· Consistent positive rating of PZ/PW by player members
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Are you legally eligible to work in the United States?
ATP is the governing body of the men's professional tennis circuits - the ATP World Tour, the ATP Challenger Tour and the ATP Champions Tour. With 62 tournaments in 32 countries, the ATP World Tour showcases the finest male athletes competing in the world’s most exciting venues. From Australia and Europe to Africa; from North and South America to Asia, the stars of the ATP World Tour battle for prestigious titles at Grand Slams (non ATP members), ATP World Tour Masters 1000, ATP World Tour 500 and ATP World Tour 250 events.
Summary: Responsible for maintaining and developing new functionality for the ATP’s Digital systems, the Livescoring systems, Intranet systems and Data Distribution systems platforms. Works with appropriate stakeholders through all steps of software development lifecycle to determine requirements, implement and launch new digital media, livescoring and data distribution initiatives.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· BS in Computer Science and/or equivalent experience or training
· 3 – 5 years .NET development experience. Experience in C# with Winform native apps and services, and MVC web application is preferred.
· 1 – 3 years SQL Server 2012 + development and administering experience, SSIS and SQL reporting experience a plus.
· 1 – 3 years’ experience working with administrative batch data processing.
· 1 – 3 years’ experience utilizing dependency injection.
· Experience working with a CMS
· Experience working within a team source-controlled environment, GIT preferred.
· Experience working with CDN’s and webfarm environments
· Experience building consumer facing websites and web applications
· Experience building and consuming web services in .NET. WebAPI REST experience preferred.
· Strong understanding of HTTP and HTTPS protocols
· Experience working with Microsoft Server 2012R2
· Experience working with and administering IIS (7.x and 8.x)
· Strong communication and time management skills
· Must have a Customer Service attitude
· Must be available to travel up to 20%
· Understanding of the game of Tennis is a plus
Preferred Skills and Abilities
· 1 – 3 years Sitecore usage/development experience (7.5 +)
· NoSQL experience with data retrieval and administration.
· Maintain application infrastructure for the ATP Digital Media Platform across desktop and mobile websites and related applications
· Analyze user requirements, procedures, and problems to automate or improve existing digital assets
· Support and develop database driven web interfaces for high-traffic websites
· Develop and support CDN, web farm and caching strategies to deliver high volume distribution of digital content to users and clients
· Evaluate and recommend new technology solutions for digital channels
· Work with and manage various international digital agencies
· Work to design, develop and maintain high development, coding and distribution standards
· Work and code within at team source-controlled environment for team collaboration development and production
· Develop a deep understanding of the existing Digital Media Platform including associated databases, data sources and dependencies
· Work closely with visual designers to bridge design and engineering work efforts
· Maintain internal diagrams and procedures documentation as necessary
· Travel domestically and internationally several times per year for up to 2 weeks
· Maintain application infrastructure for the Livescoring platform across the PDA/tablet, desktop, server, databases, services, web and mobile systems and related applications
· Maintain SLA requirements and maintenance of service systems and their content delivered to the clients
· Analyze and develop solutions to automate and improve the responsiveness, redundancy and 99.9% uptime of the Livescoring platform systems
· Maintain the service infrastructure of the Data Distribution services from the maintenance of the code base driving the services to the setup, database systems that contain the data delivered in the services and the servers that deliver the content to the clients
· Maintain the Intranet systems and platforms on which they exist upon
· Maintain and populate documentation stores of process, procedures, diagrams and specification documents.
· Shared on call with other members of IT and Digital Media team.
Measures of Success
· Consumer satisfaction with ATP digital properties
· Internal satisfaction with ATP digital properties and maintenance tools
· Positive feedback from manager with policies met, obligations fulfilled and technology remaining secure and current
· Growth in audience and engagement
· Improvement in content generation workflows
Direct and execute all of the communications efforts of the Washington Kastles prior to and during the team’s season. This includes all fan communications, website, email blasts, social media and media relations
Required Writing Experience
Candidate must have significant experience in sports writing with professional or collegiate organizations, and able to provide samples to that effect. Previous experience covering tennis teams, tours, tournaments, either on the professional or collegiate level is highly desired.
The candidate should also have a journalism and/or marketing/communications background, including, creating, planning and maintaining website content and managing social media campaigns and accounts. Experience in Adobe Creative Suite as well as basic HTML and video editing skills are pluses but not required. Candidate must have a proven track record of self-motivation and working independently and the ability to meet deadlines.
• Write and edit all Kastles communications, including press releases, website content, social media content, public address announcements, letters to season ticket holders, sponsors and VIPs, and marketing communications.
• Maintain the website and social networking sites, including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram including the creation and posting of original content.
• Prepare and send out regular email blasts using Constant Contact throughout the year. Including daily match reports during the season.
• Provide regular reports on website traffic, social media reach and results of email blasts.
• Assist with media outreach and crafting PR messaging.
• Attend local events and represent the Kastles in the Community.
• Provide support to merchandise as needed.
• Other duties as assigned by the Owner and Senior Management of the Washington Kastles.
Within 24 hours of applying for this position, all applicants are required to send a minimum of three, previously published, writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org. Of these samples, at least two must focus on tennis. In addition, please note where each sample was published. Applicants whom do not complete instructions in full will be automatically rejected.
The full-time position will begin early Fall 2016, dependent on the candidate. Significant weekend and evening hours will also be required periodically throughout the off-season but regularly during the Kastles season, including attendance at all Kastles home matches. Compensation ranges will be commensurate with experience and will be negotiated on a case-by-case basis. All employees must provide their own computers for use when working with the Washington Kastles.
The Kastles are accepting and reviewing applications on a rolling basis. Applications will be reviewed and decided upon as they are received. No phone calls please. EOE
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Within 24 hours of applying for this position, all applicants are required to send a minimum of three, previously published, writing samples to email@example.com. Of these samples, at least two must focus on tennis. In addition, please note where each sample was published. Applicants whom do not complete instructions in full will be automatically rejected. Please indicate that you have read these instructions and will submit the required writing samples.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ