Current available jobs in Communications:
Direct and execute all of the communications efforts of the Washington Kastles prior to and during the team’s season. This includes all fan communications, website, email blasts, social media and media relations
Required Writing Experience
Candidate must have significant experience in sports writing with professional or collegiate organizations, and able to provide samples to that effect. Previous experience covering tennis teams, tours, tournaments, either on the professional or collegiate level is highly desired.
The candidate should also have a journalism and/or marketing/communications background, including, creating, planning and maintaining website content and managing social media campaigns and accounts. Experience in Adobe Creative Suite as well as basic HTML and video editing skills are pluses but not required. Candidate must have a proven track record of self-motivation and working independently and the ability to meet deadlines.
• Write and edit all Kastles communications, including press releases, website content, social media content, public address announcements, letters to season ticket holders, sponsors and VIPs, and marketing communications.
• Maintain the website and social networking sites, including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram including the creation and posting of original content.
• Prepare and send out regular email blasts using Constant Contact throughout the year. Including daily match reports during the season.
• Provide regular reports on website traffic, social media reach and results of email blasts.
• Assist with media outreach and crafting PR messaging.
• Attend local events and represent the Kastles in the Community.
• Provide support to merchandise as needed.
• Other duties as assigned by the Owner and Senior Management of the Washington Kastles.
Within 24 hours of applying for this position, all applicants are required to send a minimum of three, previously published, writing samples to email@example.com. Of these samples, at least two must focus on tennis. In addition, please note where each sample was published. Applicants whom do not complete instructions in full will be automatically rejected.
The full-time position will begin early Fall 2016, dependent on the candidate. Significant weekend and evening hours will also be required periodically throughout the off-season but regularly during the Kastles season, including attendance at all Kastles home matches. Compensation ranges will be commensurate with experience and will be negotiated on a case-by-case basis. All employees must provide their own computers for use when working with the Washington Kastles.
The Kastles are accepting and reviewing applications on a rolling basis. Applications will be reviewed and decided upon as they are received. No phone calls please. EOE
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Within 24 hours of applying for this position, all applicants are required to send a minimum of three, previously published, writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org. Of these samples, at least two must focus on tennis. In addition, please note where each sample was published. Applicants whom do not complete instructions in full will be automatically rejected. Please indicate that you have read these instructions and will submit the required writing samples.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ