Current available jobs in Communications:
Assist the Director TSRs / High School / Tennis On Campus in the development & expansion of tennis participation programming nationwide. Provide communication and resource support to the Tennis On Campus network, TSR network, High School Tennis network, USTA National Committees, tennis industry, affiliated partners and sponsor. Duties include but not limited to:
Direct and execute all of the communications efforts of the Washington Kastles. This includes all fan communications, website, email blasts and social media. Works in concert with external public relations staff and reports directly to the Owner and General Manager of the Washington Kastles.
Strong writing skills are a must; previous experience writing for professional tennis tournaments strongly desired and a tennis background is required. Candidate should also have a communications background, including planning and maintaining websites and managing social media campaigns and accounts. Experience in Adobe Creative Suite as well as basic HTML and video editing skills are pluses.
Candidate must have a proven track record of self-motivation and working independently. The Communications Director will be counted upon to create content to keep fans engaged throughout an 11 month off-season with limited supervision. Examples of this include updating the Kastles history and statistics on the website, the “Battle of the Kastles” fan tournaments and creation of video highlight packages of classic Kastles matches.
• Write and edit all Kastles communications, including press releases, website content, social media content, public address announcements, letters to season ticket holders, sponsors and VIPs, and marketing communications.
• Maintain the website and social networking sites, including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
• Prepare and send out email blasts using Constant Contact.
• Provide regular reports on website traffic, results on email blasts.
• Assist in coordinating media events.
• Act as liaison to public relations agency.
• Coordinating charity auction and donations throughout offseason, and execution of these items during the Kastles season.
• Attend local events and represent the Kastles in the Community.
• Other duties as assigned by the Owner and General Manager of the Washington Kastles.
This is a full-time, year-round position. All Kastles positions require a full-time, in-office commitment during business hours. In addition, this position will require significant evening and weekend hours. Pay is commensurate with experience.
REQUIRED: Writing Samples
Within 24 hours of applying for this position, all applicants are required to send a minimum of three writing samples to email@example.com. Any applicants who do not complete this task will risk having their application rejected due to incompletion. Of these samples, at least one must focus on tennis. In addition, please note where each sample was published. Applicants with experience in graphic design, web design or video editing can submit additional samples at this time.
The Kastles are accepting and reviewing applications on a rolling basis. Applications will be reviewed and decided upon as they are received.
No phone calls please. EOE
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Please confirm that you have either submitted or intend to submit three writing samples as noted in the description above within 24 hours of submitting this application.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ