Finance: Accounting/Finance other
Sr. Treasury Analyst - USTA National Headquarters (White Plains, NY)
Oversee various Treasury related responsibilities which includes the management of USTA’s cash flows, short term operating investments, bank account maintenance, and financial institution relations. Additionally, this position will assist with transactions related to the USTA’s long term investment portfolio and provide internal support as necessary.
Cash Management& Banking
- Reconcile cash on a daily basis to determine investment/funding needs.
- Populate cash model with prior day activity to generate upper management reports.
- Execute all electronic transactions as needed
- Monitor and enhance the cash management operations of the USTA and NTC.
- Monitor the USTA bank account structure, define and document requirements for segregated and special purpose accounts and close unnecessary accounts.
- Develop working relationships with account managers, bank personnel, and financial institutions to negotiate improved service quality, pricing and reporting.
Cash Forecasting and Reporting
- Assist the Treasury Director with the preparation and monthly update of the cash forecast.
- Utilize cash forecasts to make optimal decisions on amounts/timing of short-term cash investments and advise Treasury Director daily of any cash flow shortfalls.
- Manage the process of merging controlled disbursement and ACH activity into the prior month cash actual for reporting purposes.
- Maintain documentation regarding the purpose/objective of each component of the investment portfolio.
- Assist the Treasury Director with the periodic rebalancing of the portfolio as directed by the Investment Committee.
- Assist with the document preparation process for all new investments.
- Be an integral part of the year-end audit process relating to L-T investments
- Monitor the flow of funds in the Trustee accounts on a daily basis
- Prepare and complete all documentation required to move funds between and among operational and trustee accounts
- Miscellaneous projects and support functions as needed
- College degree, with significant business/accounting/finance content. MBA or CTP a plus.
- A minimum three to five years’ experience in cash management/banking operations preferred. A strong general knowledge of finance and accounting principles, commercial banking services, financial markets and cash/equity investments a plus.
- Prior experience in a non-profit organization a plus.
- Candidate must possess strong interpersonal and communication skills
Finance: Accounting/Finance other
Finance & Operations Coordinator - Western & Southern Open (Cincinnati, OH)
This multi-functional position will play a key role in a variety of areas for the tournament, with the core responsibilities falling within finance & accounting, POS systems, ticket operations and other special projects.
This position requires an incredible detail-oriented and well-organized individual with strong Excel skills and the ability to interact with people on all levels. Previous sports experience is a plus.
A. Finance Sales Process
- Assist finance department with administrative and accounting duties as requested
- Process all invoices and other Accounts Payable duties
- Handle cash receipts
- Input all ticket sales and reconcile with credit card companies
- Responsible for Gift Card operation and monthly reconciliation
- Prepares monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Maintain fixed asset system and complete physical assets review annually
- Receive all rental computers, inventory, distribute, collect and return to provider.
B. Point of Sale (POS) System
- Responsible for maintaining Tournament’s cash registers that are used during the event
- Programs all registers to be used with various food vendors’ menus
- Trains food vendors on the use of registers
- Provides support to vendors of registers during the event, with the support of team from an external POS company.
- Prepare annual Tournament reports in Excel for upcoming event
- Complete daily financial reporting in Excel during event
- Prepare food vendor reconciliations for settlement
- Prepare post-tournament reports
- Provide special reports as requested
A. Dynamic Pricing
- Under the direction of the Director of Ticketing, manage dynamic pricing within the TicketMaster Archtics system.
B. Ticket Processing
- Answer telephone inquiries regarding tickets
- Process ticket orders
- Assist with annual mailing of box and series ticket packages
A. Other duties, as assigned by CEO, Tournament Director or Director of Finance.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent finance and ticket operations experience.
- Experience in accounting, finance or a related field preferred but not required.
· Box office experience preferred but not required
· TicketMaster Archtics experience a plus
· Strong computer skills including but not limited to; Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and use of the internet are required.
· Familiarity with accounting and financial statement presentation is preferred but not required.
· The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to move around the facility and communicate via radio communication.
· The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
· Ability to work select weekends and long hours during each summer.
OTHER SKILLS NEEDED
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail will be critical
- Commensurate with experience
- Health Insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- 15 Days Paid Vacation
- 12 Paid Holidays
ABOUT the Western & Southern Open
The Western & Southern Open is one of the premier professional tennis tournaments in the world, featuring the top men and women players in a combined event held each August at the Lindner Family Tennis Center in Mason, Ohio (25 miles north of Cincinnati). Outside of the Grand Slams, there are only five (5) locations in the world that host top-level ATP and WTA combined events – Rome, Madrid, Miami, Indian Wells and Cincinnati.
The tournament has a unique combination of heritage and progressiveness. It is the longest-running tennis tournament (since 1899) in the United States in its original city of origin and draws a fan base from all 50 states and 20 countries. With a state-of-the-art facility, the Western & Southern Open is truly a world-class destination sporting event. The tournament is broadcast both domestically and internationally, with telecasts being delivered to 160 countries.